Accounting Procedure Guide (Template) for Mid-Size Businesses. By Denise E. Heap.
Available for the following:
- QuickBooks users - QuickBooks terminology to ensure ease of use
- Mid-size businesses - other accounting software
Assumes accounting department with 5-15 full-time accountants, clerks, or bookkeepers, plus at minimum a qualified Controller or Accounting Manager.
- Summary of significant accounting policies
- Accountant's note and certification regarding enforcement and internal audit of division of responsibility
- Capitalization of property and equipment costs
- Research and development, and other design and engineering costs
- Capitalization of software development
- Cash receipts - checks, incoming wires, ACH, credit card payments, and acceptance of cash
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Intercompany transactions
- Accounts or notes receivable: Officers and employees
- Accounts or notes payable: Officers and employees
- Petty cash transactions
- Fixed assets
- Allocation of salaries expense and related fringe benefits to various projects
- Project accounting
- Expense reports
- Travel and entertainment guidelines
- Authorizations and signatories
- Financial reporting, including IT-related issues
- Internal controls
- Organization of year-end close
- Preparation for annual financial audit or review - external
Also includes three hours of consultation and assistance on how to customize for your business. Additional consultation available at hourly rate.
ISBN 978-1-956508-00-0. Approximately 72 pages, depending on how you have margins set.