Accounting Procedure Guide (Template) for Small Businesses. By Denise E. Heap.
Available for the following:
- QuickBooks users - QuickBooks terminology to ensure ease of use
- Small to mid-size businesses - other accounting software
Assumes accounting department with 1 - 5 full-time accountants, clerks, or bookkeepers.
- Summary of significant accounting policies
- Accountant's note and certification regarding division of responsibility
- Capitalization of property and equipment costs
- Cash receipts
- Accounts payable
- Accounts receivable
- Intercompany transactions
- Accounts or notes receivable: Officers and employees
- Petty cash transactions
- Fixed assets
- Research and development, and other design and engineering costs
- Allocation of salaries expense and related fringe benefits to various projects
- Project accounting
- Expense reports
- Travel and entertainment guidelines
- Authorizations and signatories
- Financial reporting, including IT-related issues
Also includes two hours of consultation and assistance on how to customize for your business. Additional consultation available at hourly rate.
ISBN 978-0-9710541-7-2. Approximately 36 pages, depending on how you have margins set.